I’d like to say living life with no regrets is possible, but it probably is not. We all have things in our past that we wish we didn’t. Some we had control over, and some we did not. Letting the past be the past and moving forward is the name of the game. Putting life into perspective and embracing your future is where your eyes should focus.
5 ways to live life with no regrets, put life into perspective and embrace your future
- Deal with the past – If it’s possible to make things that have happened in the past right, then give it a try. Whether it’s an apology or forgiveness that is needed, step outside yourself and give it a try. Often an apology is easier than forgiving someone of a past hurt or offense. If this is not possible, for whatever reason, you can come to terms with the incident or phase on your own. In some cases, counseling may be a good idea to help with the process, but in most situations you can find peace.
- Envision the life you want to live – What does it look like? How do you behave? Who do you associate with? Where do you spend your time? All these questions help you determine what it will take to move you forward in the direction you want to go.
- Live with purpose – Life does not need to “happen” to us. We can make our life what we want it to be. Yes, there are plenty of elements out of our control, but still plenty in our control as well. Focus on you, your words, your behavior, your intentions. Create an environment that brings joy and worth to you and those you care about.
- Let things go – The things that are out of our control are just that. Embrace that fact and don’t worry or obsess over those things or people you can’t control. When something happens to you or around you (bad driving for instance), shake it off. It does not need to impact your mood, your day or your life.
- Give freely – This may be the most liberating how-to of all. When you start to give yourself, your time, your resources and your love to others, you really begin to live. The old saying, “It’s better to give than to receive,” can give new meaning to your life.
A life well lived is a life worth living.
You owe it to yourself to make the changes that will bring you joy as you age and allow you to live a life with few regrets. Visit Seniors Weigh In On Living Life Without Regrets for more about life’s biggest questions and how you could end up regretting how you answer those hard questions in the long run.
Let us know in the comments which ways you live life with no regrets, put life into perspective and embrace your future. Presto Real Estate Services cares about seniors and their quality of life. Contact us at (630) 336-1820 or firstname.lastname@example.org for your real estate needs.