As we age, things change. Life happens. Our bodies and minds aren’t responding or reacting the way they once did to everyday life, and then, suddenly, we are living alone. Our inability to respond or react quickly is often magnified when we lose the one who has been a such a big part of our lives for a very long time.
Grief is a process which varies greatly from person to person. Living alone is often scary and debilitating, but you cannot neglect caring for yourself. Find the help you need so you can live life to its fullest. You may not believe it at first, but it is possible move on and live life once again.
Here are 7 tips for caring for yourself when living alone:
- Stay physically active. Exercise regularly or begin an exercise regimen. (Always consult a physician before beginning any physical activity.)
- Stay socially active. Being with friends and family and those within your community will help you heal and move on.
- Eat healthful, well-balanced meals. Replace nutritionally-void foods in favor of fiber-rich, low-fat and low-cholesterol foods.
- Schedule regular check-ups with your doctor, dentist and eye doctor. These check-ups are even more important now.
- Continue taking all medications as your doctor has instructed.
- Quit smoking and consume alcohol in moderation.
- Get plenty of sleep. Your body needs a lot of quality sleep to heal and function properly.
For more information or answers to questions you may still have, click on the links below. Call your doctor. He or she will also have helpful resources.
Have you found yourself suddenly alone? Are you caring for yourself as you should be? Contact Presto Real Estate Services at (630) 336-1820 or write email@example.com for a FREE consultation today. We will help you find the help you need to care for yourself properly and move on to live life once again.